April 22, 2010

Colorado Reigns

It's raining in Colorado today, and it's utterly mystifying. Her gray skies can hardly produce a feeling of depression in me. In fact, the depth of my rapture before her raining skies can't be articulated, and it chases away every notion or prospect of gloom. Rain is, without qualification, my favorite weather of all- world without end ...


Their Version:

Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other
day
We want to go outside and play
Come again some other day

My Version:

Rain, rain, come my way
Saturate this sunny day
Mystic is thy color gray
Saturate this sunny day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your version better. you're very creative!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved your version!!! *smile*

Harry Kent said...

Rain, rain, come to stay
Makes today too grey to play
So tucked inside my shell I'll stay
To dream on sunny skies one day

John W. May said...

Andrea, Nancy ... you girls rule! Thank you. And Harry, your version is pretty clever, thanks for posting it here ...

The Poets

As of April 9th, 2010